Saturday, April 4, 2009

WILL of Robert Braswell

Last Will & Testament of Robert Braswell



Isle of Wright County, Virginia
Will and Deed Book I, Volume A ,page 52

"In the name of God Amen,I Robert Bracewell being very weake & Sicke of Body but of perfectt memorie,doe make this my last will and testament,revokinge all former wills whatsoever,Imprimis I be queath my Soule into the hands of my Redeemer,who gave it mee, And my body unto the ground from whence it came to be decently buried, and for thos temporall goods God hath given mee I dispose of them in manner as followeth,I give unto my daughter Jane Stokes her children three cowes, To Rebecca West my daughter one cow and Calfe and one cowe and calfe to the next child she may have, and the rest of all my estate unto my two sonnes Robert and Richard whome I make my full and sole executors of this my will, and the Mill I desire shall be finished with what speed my bee and to be lett out,only reserving corner for themselves, and the p.duce of the mill to be equally divided between them both, and reserved to build a new mill hereafter and when built to be left wholly to my sonne Richard likewise I give seven hundred acres of land where I now live and six hundered acres at the western Branch of Nancemond County to be equall divided between my two sonnes Robert and Richard likewise it is my desire that noe part of parcell of the estate shall be disposed of nor none of the land untill they both are of full age nor no wayes divided but if it shall please God that either of them shall depart this life before he comes of age that then the survivior shall enjoye the whole likewise I give unto my servant Elizabeth Hall when she shall b e free one heiffer of two years of age and likewise it is my desire that my lvonign friends Mr Richard Izard and George Gwillim to be guardians unto my children in the time of their minoritie and to see this my will performed likewise I give unto the said Richard Izard and George G willim fortie shillings to each of them to buy them each one ring,likewise I give unto my daughter Ann Bagnall one cow and calf and one cow and calf to her first child,if it please God she have any and likewise it is my desire that my two sonnes Robert and Richard shal be put to scholle until they can both read and write. And this being my will I testifie it with my hand this 15th of February 1667.


Rob Bracwell

In Wittness of
George G willim
Richard Izard
This will was proved in open court helf for the Isle
of Wight County this first day of May 1668 and then recorded

No comments:

Post a Comment