Saturday, April 4, 2009

WILL of James Carver

WILL OF JAMES CARVER
Taken from Minutes & Garnishment Book A - 1854-1861 at the Coffee County Probate Office Submitted by Melody Moore McCook
COURT OF ORDINARY
JANUARY TERM 1861
STATE OF GEORGIA
COFFEE COUNTY


In the name of God Amen I James Carver of said State and county being of advanced age, deem it right & proper, both as it respects my family & self, that I should make a disposition of the property of which a kind providence so has blessed me.
I do therefore make this my last will & testament, hereby revoking all others hearto fore made by me.
Item 1. I desire and direct that my body be buried in a decint & christian like manner suitable to my ____in life my Soul I trust that my soul will return to rest to God who give
Item 2. I desire that all my just debts be paid without delay, by my executor hearin after appointed as I am unwilling my creditors should be delayed in there respects ______no necessity for delay.
Item 3. I give and bequeath to my daughter Hulduh Minix, wife of John Till____ ____ _____ the despositions of her _____or any _____ _____husband One hundred dollars of my Estate. I appoint my trusty & _____ son Vincent Ricketson ______of the money hearin given bequeathed to my daughter Hulduh Minix and her children(?).
Item 4. All the remainder of my property both real and personal, shall be equally divided amongst the remainder of my heirs Except my son Jesse which I have given him ___ ___ Jesse his portion of my property.
Item 5. I hereby constitute and appoint my worthy son Vincent Ricketson Executor of this my last will & Testament this January 14th 1861


James X Carver his mark
Signed Sealed & declared and published by James Carver as his last will and Testament in presence of us the subcribers who subscribed herunto in the presents of said Testator his special instances & requests and of each other this January the 14th 1861.
James R Smith
Henry _ C harper
Daniel Newbern __C
State of Georgia,
Coffee County
Personally appeared in open court James R Smith and after being duly sworn says that he saw James Carver sign seal and declare this written above named will and signed the same as a witness & that he saw Henry _ C Harper & Daniel Newbern do so likewiseSworn to subscribe before me this 14th day of January 1861
James R Smith
A M ___
Ordny

No comments:

Post a Comment